Parades Showcase the Best Home Styles, Trends
Manitoba’s Spring and Fall Parade of Homes are a spectacular showcase event for the Manitoba residential construction industry. The Parades showcase the MHBA’s home building members, allow new home buyers a chance to see the latest in new home options, and give consumers a great opportunity to see the newest trends in home style and design. These 3-week events take place in March and September each year. Most people aren’t aware that Manitoba’s Parade of Homes are the largest parades in Canada, bigger than the Parades put on in Toronto and Vancouver. The MHBA Spring Parade of Homes, held from March 4 to March 26 this past spring, featured over 130 new homes in Winnipeg, Brandon, and surrounding communities in the capital region. Our Fall Parade, which starts on September 9, 2017, is even bigger!
While the two events receive a lot attention while they are in full swing, it’s important to remember that the show homes featured in our Parade of Homes are open far more than just twice a year. The summer months provide a great opportunity for new home buyers to visit show homes in between the Spring and Fall Parades. Traffic will be a little lighter and parking a little easier to find at show homes during the summer months. Visiting at this time of year also allows you to see many of the home features, like the air conditioning, in full operation.
So where can you find out information on show home locations and hours? If you don’t still have your copy of the MHBA’s Parade of Home magazine that is published by the Winnipeg Free Press in advance of both the Spring and Fall Parades, you can visit the MHBA website at www.homebuilders.mb.ca and click on the “Parade of Homes” tab. There you can find a digital version of the most recent Parade magazine. You can also find a full listing of the award-winning homes featured in the previous Parade, along with a listing of the MHBA’s Sales Award winners for new home sales agents.
You can also click on the “Show Homes” tab on the MHBA website for a full list of show homes located right across the province. Our easy-to-use map allows you to see show homes located and to contact builders to set up viewings. The online Homes Section of the www.winnipegfreepress.com provides show home information and listings in new developments in and around Winnipeg. And of course, today’s paper will have a number of ads for show homes listed by MHBA builders.
Show homes featured in the MHBA Parade of Homes are open for business year-round for your viewing and visiting pleasure. The summer months are a great time to visit these show homes to see what’s new in home design. Our members look forward to your visit!
- MHBA building on excellence - November 6, 2017
- Rough year predicted for new homebuyers - October 31, 2017
- Detailed questions are key when building a home - October 23, 2017
- Protect yourself when hiring a contractor - October 12, 2017
- Parade of Homes ends this week, but viewings do not - October 12, 2017
- Study offers peek into minds of new homebuyers - October 12, 2017
- Tips to enhance your Fall Parade of Homes experience - September 18, 2017
- Discover your new dream home - September 11, 2017
- A showcase of the newest trends in design and decor - September 5, 2017
- Know what you want -- and how to get it - August 29, 2017
- Home built safe and sound -- certified - August 22, 2017
- Home prices on rise, trouble is building - August 8, 2017
- August a fine time for indoor renovations - August 8, 2017
- Timeframe for Building a New House Always Varies - July 24, 2017
- New Homebuyers Are Feeling the Pinch - July 24, 2017
- When It Comes to Renovations, Don't Cut Corners - July 10, 2017
- Eighty Years of Building Manitoba's Communities - July 4, 2017
- Where to Start When Building a New House - June 26, 2017
- Storm Clouds Form on Homebuilding Horizon - June 26, 2017