MASTER BUILDER / MASTER RENOVATOR
The Manitoba Home Builders’ Association (MHBA) Master Builder and Master Renovator certification programs allow builders and renovators to demonstrate compliance with high standards established by a credible third party.
The program ensures an ongoing commitment to continuing education by requiring all certified builders and renovators to enrol in suitable courses related to building and business practice, so you can have peace of mind that your new home or renovations are in the best hands. A minimum number of hours of professional development must be completed every year to keep the designation current. Credit for professional development can be earned either through attending seminars offered in the MHBA’s continuing education calendar and attending business sessions.
The certification program consists of two separate designations:
- The Certified Housing Professional (CHP), granted to an individual
- The Certified Master Builder/Master Renovator, granted to a home building/renovation company.
To become a Certified Master Builder/Renovator, a company must have a CHP on staff. All individuals must have had five years’ experience in the housing industry. The designated CHP must complete eight hours of professional development.
This program is an excellent choice for career development and growth within the home construction industry. It is designed for:
- Contractors, builders, construction managers working in the home construction industry
- Individuals who are interested in entering the home construction industry in a managerial capacity
- Achievers interested in improving their company’s growth and performance
- Those committed to increasing their knowledge and professionalism
When you hire a MHBA Master Builder or Master Renovator, you know your home will be treated with professionalism and care of the highest standards.