Remembering those who have served
Today, Canadians coast to coast gather to remember the veterans who have fought and died for the freedom we as Canadians enjoy. This year, as Canada celebrates 150 years of Confederation, and we at the Manitoba Home Builders’ Association celebrate our 80th anniversary, we have a special reason to thank and remember those who have served our country in the past, and to thank those who serve today. We join all Canadians in thanking our surviving veterans and the families of those brave Canadians who made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.
The MHBA is the oldest provincial home builders’ association in Canada. We have a proud history and while the name and membership of the MHBA has changed throughout those 80 years, the purpose and mission of our association remains the same as it was in 1937. Our association was formed as the world was once again on the brink of a world war. Our founding members stewarded our industry through the outbreak of war and built the homes of the young men and women who returned home following the war. Many of Winnipeg’s neighborhoods and a great deal of today’s housing stock was built soon after the end of the second World War and as the post-war baby boom took hold.
On behalf of all of our members at the Manitoba Home Builders’ Association, thank you to the men and women who have served Canada’s military over the decades and who have helped build our nation in so many ways.
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.
Lest we forget.
- MHBA building on excellence - November 6, 2017
- Rough year predicted for new homebuyers - October 31, 2017
- Detailed questions are key when building a home - October 23, 2017
- Protect yourself when hiring a contractor - October 12, 2017
- Parade of Homes ends this week, but viewings do not - October 12, 2017
- Study offers peek into minds of new homebuyers - October 12, 2017
- Tips to enhance your Fall Parade of Homes experience - September 18, 2017
- Discover your new dream home - September 11, 2017
- A showcase of the newest trends in design and decor - September 5, 2017
- Know what you want -- and how to get it - August 29, 2017
- Home built safe and sound -- certified - August 22, 2017
- Home prices on rise, trouble is building - August 8, 2017
- August a fine time for indoor renovations - August 8, 2017
- Timeframe for Building a New House Always Varies - July 24, 2017
- New Homebuyers Are Feeling the Pinch - July 24, 2017
- When It Comes to Renovations, Don't Cut Corners - July 10, 2017
- Eighty Years of Building Manitoba's Communities - July 4, 2017
- Where to Start When Building a New House - June 26, 2017
- Storm Clouds Form on Homebuilding Horizon - June 26, 2017